Massive sedimentary layers cover the entire earth, even found on the highest mountain tops. 95% of all fossils are marine (oceanic). Of the remaining 5% about 4.75% consists of algae and plant fossils. The remaining 0.25% are other invertebrates including insect fossils. The remaining 0.0238% of fossils include all vertebrates, mammals, however most are fish. Finally, dinosaur fossils represent a tiny fraction of 1% with only 0.013% of fossils being dinosaur which most consist of only a few bones or fragments.